Technology Educational Charity
Home based with visits and meetings in London and the South East
An exciting opportunity to take a leading role developing services and relationships in a young and expanding charity.
We aim to show young people how a successful career in IT can be achieved on merit and without regards to socioeconomic background, ethnicity, or gender.
Archives of IT (AIT) https://archivesit.org.uk/ is an online collection of oral histories and materials that tell the story of the development and achievements of the UK’s Tech industries through the experience of those who have been or are involved in the IT sector. The Archive of experience is used to form the basis of educational activities and career information.
Lead the engagement of AIT with young people from age 7 to 18 in schools, colleges and other youth organisations to
- Stimulate engagement / interaction of young people with AIT both directly and through the schools / institutions in order
- Create interest in information technology (IT), its history, importance to society and career opportunities
- Ensure they understand the nature of work in the industry and the career opportunities it offers
- Is an outgoing, self-starter, articulate and enjoys engaging with customers and partners to develop solutions to the needs of students and teachers using AIT resources
- Has experience in an educational role both as a teacher and advisor and with an established network of contacts in schools, advisory bodies and suppliers
- Knows about the Tech industry and Computing education
- Self-employed, 3 days per week, flexitime, 12 month contract
- Remuneration on a daily rate equivalent to £35k full time salary plus reimbursement of travel